What Industries Use Mechanical Seals?
If we think about the mechanical seal category, then they are part of various equipment and mechanical processes.
Seals for drainage wall pumps, specialized seals for wastewater and sewage water treatment systems, seals for self-priming pumps, seals for centrifugal pumps, and so on. The list is quite long.
These seals are ideal for pumping thick liquids, and abrasive liquids. Mechanical seals are used in the high-pressure liquids and high-temperature liquid sectors as well.
Good industrial sealing system guarantees for supplying maximum isolation. It ensures that the liquid loss is minimum. It happens because of specific planning designed for the particular type of application.
Several building materials are used in the industrial processing sector to make the best-quality mechanical seals. They offer the highest guaranty of success.
A top-class sealing system is characterized by a combination of materials, for example, alumina, tungsten carbide, silicon carbide, elastomer, and so on.
Long life and excellent reliability are the reason for various uses of mechanical seals in the modern industrial world.
Applications of mechanical seals in advanced industrial sectors
- Pumping of thick liquids
- Pumping of abrasive liquids
- Drainage well pumps
- Centrifugal pumps
- Self-priming pumps
- Pumping of high-temperature liquids
- Pumping of high-pressure liquids
- Wastewater treatment system
Reasons the mechanical seals are preferred in the industrial sector
There has been advancement and improvement in mechanical seals to increase their productivity and long life. Thus, they have become more efficient and effective. Higher throughout makes them more profitable.
Mechanical seals prevent fluid leakage. Thus, they keep the external surroundings safe. The rotting part is sealed against the stationary part.
Mechanical seals are rated high by experts because they have many qualities.
- Though some leakage is mandatory for lubrication, for all practical purposes the leakage is near zero. Therefore, these seals are the best when the processes involved harsh chemicals such as toxic compounds, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, and so on.
- Low frictional drag is achieved by mechanical seals because their throughput is high. Also, there is a sizeable reduction in power consumption.
- When mechanical seals are used, you can expect longevity of mechanical components. The shafts and sleeves do not wear out fast. They lastlonger.
- The need for preventive maintenance is not much in the case of mechanical seals.
- Mechanical seals can work with any problem at high speeds or pressures as compared to conventional seals.
A wide spectrum of design specs suits mechanical seals in different varieties of machines and pumps.
Leak-Pack is ISO 9001:2008 certified company and one of the best mechanical seals exporters, manufacturers and suppliers in India, providing solutions to all types of leakages by manufacturing Mechanical Seals and Sealing Components as per customer’s drawings, samples or requirements. To know more about Mechanical Seal call on +91-(2739) 271592 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.